AR/VR Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking a hands-on leader to help shape and guide the development of graphically intense and highly interactive applications. Our team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a leader within our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- Experience leading and developing a team of highly skilled engineers in a cross-functional environment
- Strong track record of shipping high quality applications for Apple products (e.g., macOS, iOS, tvOS or watchOS)
- Experience collaborating with other disciplines including design, art, and quality assurance
- Detailed understanding of the OS, graphics, networking, and other sub-systems
- Familiarity in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Objective-C, Swift
- Extraordinary attention to detail
The ideal person for this role is highly technical and knows how to increase their impact by guiding the efforts of a team. We're breaking new ground every day, so you'll need to be undeterred by uncertain requirements and shifting dependencies. You'll be leading a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be developing an entirely new application paradigm - a challenge that will demand rapid iteration without sacrificing quality or attention to detail. Along the way, you'll also help build a passionate and diverse team to push the envelope in this new space.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- Experience with low-level graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, DirectX) Experience developing AR/VR applications
- Familiarity with ARKit