Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software The worldwide Retail & Online Stores team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world’s largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apple’s Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin, TX, London, Singapore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team.
- 10+ years experience in project management and resource management in complex environments for budgets in the millions of dollars.
- Strong understanding of controlling and running budgets, resource management and forecasting.
- Project and program management experience in a software development environment
- Specific deep experience and functional expertise in electronic commerce for consumer products.
- Experience leading multiple high priority projects at a time and driving them forward with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal social skills.
- An excellent teammate with a positive attitude who establishes relationships quickly.
- Proven ability to partner and influence multi-functionally to identify, evaluate and execute strategic plans.
This senior role is for an ambitious senior project management professional who has several years experience of working in a dynamic eCommerce environment. The primary responsibility will be for the delivery of complex multi-functional software engineering programs and products for the AOS platform and potentially managing a team of project managers, technical analysts, resources, budgets and the related reporting for program.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of ten years meaningful work experience. Masters/MBA preferred.
- You will provide leadership for project teams by acting as a domain lead for eCommerce and combining strong business insight with strong communication and technical skills.
- You will operate as an effective interface between engineers and product owners, bringing prospective and understanding of eCommerce principles to help development time and improve their efficiency in serving Apple's customers.
- You understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by their project teams, whilst handling senior partner relationships to ensure successful program delivery.
- A combination of gravitas and flexibility will be required to ensure that they can be effective and you have extensive experience working on consumer product launches, product merchandising in an electronic commerce environment.
- You have excellent technical PM skills, and are able to operate in a complex software environment across multiple cost centers, geographies and systems.
- You will guide teams of both contractors and employees, and be familiar with accounting and budget management concepts such as ‘capital vs. expense’.
- You will act as the SPOC for the project to both Biz and SSGs, support gate processes and provide PLOEs and DLOEs
- You will coordinate and schedule work with Development, QA/QE, DevOps and impacted SSGs
- You will facilitate Daily Stand-ups and drive functional and technical issues to resolution
- You will run project radar queue and change controls
- You will ensure all required checkpoints are met (IRP, InfoSec, Privacy)
- You will be responsible for project artifacts and storage