Digital Marketing Finance Operations Manager
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a finance operations manager to support our growing team of in-house digital media buyers and strategists. This person will be tasked with managing large and highly fluid budgets across 8+ lines of business, dozens of vendors, and multiple agencies. They will also be responsible for vetting and on-boarding new suppliers in partnership with Corporate Procurement, as well as streamlining the rollout and use of new tools and processes within the team. This is a brand new and extremely cross-functional role in one of the fastest-growing divisions of Apple. It will require a highly organized, process-driven, and financially fluent individual.
- Experience managing marketing operations, including all aspects of budget management: vendor setup, purchase order management, budget actualizing, etc.
- Exceptionally organized and process-driven; experience developing new processes for growing and changing organizations
- Comfortability juggling many projects at once and the ability to prioritize them
- Strong math and finance skills
- Familiarity with database management (i.e. FileMaker)
- Experience managing projections for a sales and/or marketing organization
- Experience working with large financial data sets in Excel
- Familiarity with media and marketing landscape a plus
- Experience working with media budgets a plus
- Familiarity with marketing productivity tools a plus
- Passion for Apple Services and their respective industries (music, media, entertainment, publishing, finial services, etc.) a plus.
You will support the digital media team who manages full-funnel advertising for all US campaigns for video services, whose budgets are very fluid across business lines, campaigns, vendors, tactics, and so on. You will govern how budgets are allocated and make sure we keep close track of every dollar spent against a purchase order and projection. You will be responsible for the oversight of our agencies’ spending, ensuring that they have accurate budgets and are pacing correctly against them each month, quarter, etc. We hold ourselves very accountable against what our spend delivers in ROI, and you will manage the communication of performance goals vs. actuals to our Finance and Business teams, and in turn participate in pitches for new budgets.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree; Masters a plus