QA Designer, Apple Media Products UI Production
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could make at Apple. Great ideas have a way of becoming innovation products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Product & Design Team conceptualizes, designs, and creates the user experience for a majority of Apple products and services, including Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple News, and more. As a part of an elite UI/UX design team, your ideas can impact the interaction and graphic experiences used by millions of people across the world.
- Strong commitment to design quality assurance as a key part of the development cycle.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with strong communication skills and the ability to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically, and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to keep track of precise details.
- A passion for user-focused design and a strong knowledge of Apple operating systems.
- Ability to identify areas that aren’t pixel-perfect to design specs and a maddening frustration over visual inconsistencies.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced design environment.
- Comfortable with design tools like Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Previous experience with iOS and macOS AP, Xcode, and tools development are a plus.
The Apple Product & Design Team is seeking a Design QA expert to help us ensure implemented and coded designs match the design specs for Apple's native software and applications. We're looking for critical thinkers with a sharp eye for design details who would like to play a key role in ensuring the beauty and experience of Apple software. Desire to look for adoption of design interaction patterns, unit standards, and/or bring up inconsistencies for subpar experience to the greater design team. Must have a developed eye for incremental details. This person will look at the whole range of products, adaptations, and apps to protect the design integrity of the eco-systems. Role requires working with engineering teams, product designers, and design producers to understand technical difficulties or limitations that may have been originally overlooked during the design process. Extremely organized and meticulous processes. Able to recognize inefficiencies in their workflow and actively work with the tools team to improve.
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent.