Machine Shop Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Is prototyping your passion? Come join us and inspire our team of machinists to build prototypes, manufacture high quality parts, in a safe manner while achieving team performance goals like Quality, Safety and Capacity Utilization.
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate prototyping machinists to meet high quality standards and lead time goals while achieving customer requirements
- Manage cell workflow, including technical, personnel and process related activities
- Conduct regular 1:1s with team and monthly cell meetings to improve communication and team brainstorming
- Document and report any variances, problems, issues, or concerns
- Provide personnel with expectations and performance feedback minimum of quarterly intervals
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for all direct reporting personnel
- Plan, manage, drive improvement, and report on cell performance; including output, quality, root cause failures, equipment and personnel performance
- Assist in setting and attaining annual shop and cell level goals
- Learn and enforce shop safety policies and practices
- Prioritize and conduct team building activities to promote camaraderie, motivation and cell relief from the work load
- Lead or support various continuous improvement projects at the cell level or shop level
- Support and perform evaluation of designs for manufacturability.
- Develop talent for your succession and to support out of office team management
- Demonstrate capabilities to plan, budget and manage projects for new capital equipment quoting and installation
- Five years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Your experience in prototyping is added bonus. - Experience with Machining (Mill, Lathe, EDM Sinker, EDM Wire) strongly preferred. - Knowledge of CAD/CAM software such as NX, Cimatron, Esprit, Hypermill strongly preferred - Knowledge of Laser prototyping capabilities and options is beneficial - Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing helpful but not required - Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work - Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction - Strong experience in managing change with teams - The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Operations, or related fields