Accessories & Beats Account Manager, US Carrier Sales
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The US Carrier Sales team is seeking an experienced sales professional, with a passion for technology and innovation, to lead efforts in rapidly growing the Beats and Apple-branded Accessories category with our US Carrier Partners. Our team is focused on rapidly growing this business. We engage directly with Apple’s largest carriers to build deeper partnerships. We accelerate sell-thru, and ensure Apple customers have access to the essential branded accessories they need, to unlock the value of hero devices. As an Account Manager, you will sell Beats and Apple-branded accessories into US carrier resellers from pitch to close, including: defining the individual account strategy; providing assortment, placement, and consumer offer recommendations; negotiating commercial terms; and navigating cross-functional teams to ensure timely and successful launch of a new program.
- You bring experience in retail or carrier sales, with deep understanding of merchandising strategies and assortment planning
- Your areas of expertise include: new business development, planning strategically, tactical execution, virtual team building, account development, forecasting, presentations, business solutions, multi-task management, and administrative planning & organization
- Your engagement style is highly collaborative and inclusive, seeking to deliver superior outcomes - regardless of the status quo or perceived boundaries
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (including proficiency with Keynote)
- In conjunction with the Worldwide team, Finance, and other cross-functional teams, you develop strategic plans and tactical activities with the new routes to market that will result in the successful launch of the carrier partner’s Beats and Accessories business - You will work closely with demand planning, merchandising, operations, finance, legal, and the marketing organization to define a holistic strategy for the reseller partnership. - You are designing unique offers and incentive programs, developing essential channel assets, managing supply availability, and ensuring new products are launched successfully. - You achieve or exceed assigned sales quotas and other critical metrics, while thriving in a dynamic, pressure-filled environment - You oversee the drafting of legal agreements and negotiate commercial terms - You maintain excellent business relationships and work with the cross-functional teams that deliver a productive alliance to achieve mutual strategic outcomes - You are aware of competitor's activities, carriers' account history, emerging partner and market trends while understanding how to capitalize on these opportunities - Design, recommend, and negotiate assortments of key SKUs - Articulate compelling placement and merchandising strategies - Develop demand generation strategies - Coordinate with reseller operations and supply-demand management to supply for launch in a timely manner - Prepare presentations and analyses to support sales initiatives (Keynote and Excel skills) - Track progress and provide regular reports to management - Perform assigned administrative tasks including: meeting scheduling & management, sales & inventory reporting, demand generation planning & presentations, files/forms/information creation and management
Education & Experience
- You have a performance-proven sales background, including 8+ years of sales management and/or account management experience, or equivalent - You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.