Trade Compliance Analyst, AMR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences - very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we could accomplish. Team up with Apple as we are one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Global Trade Compliance team and make a positive impact on a company that we are known for impressive products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and iOS. We are looking for an outstanding individual with integrity, personal accountability, can-do thinking, a focus on partnership, and a dedication to excellence. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something BIG, contact us today!
- 6+ years of increased responsibility in import customs compliance roles (professional services firm(s), Fortune 500 company, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Customs programs including CFR, 9802, 9817, S321 & drawback – Customs’ Classification, Importer Self Assessment (ISA), FTZs, PSCs, Protests, Antidumping and Countervailing duty orders, and PGAs (e.g. FDA, EPA) requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; must be detail-oriented, and demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Adept in quantitative (statistical) analysis; proficient in analyzing regulations, experience with analyzing and interpreting data, and process improvement.
- Knowledgeable with computer software (Excel, Filemaker Pro, Word, SAP, etc.) with experience managing Trade Compliance Systems Automation Projects.
- Ability to deal with multiple complex and sensitive matters simultaneously, and ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally among teams and business groups, ability to influence and build relationships among business partners.
- Proactive – Strong teammate; willing to take initiative and share knowledge with global teams.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong understanding of HTS classification and customs valuation
- Develop trade compliance metrics and reporting
- Assist with a number of global trade compliance programs and initiatives including supporting global new product introduction efforts, CTPAT, country expansion strategies and development of cross-functional relationships.
- Coordinate Regional Broker Management including audits, compliance revisions & Cost Analysis
- Reconciliation process knowledge a plus
- Experience with Canadian or Latin American import regulations a plus
Direct responsibility for managing COO determination and supply chain re-engineering by working with various business teams, Apple Legal and outside counsel and providing COO determination to Apple’s business. Maintain supporting documentation in support of COO determination. Direct involvement in programs: such as 9802, 9817, S321, drawback; and, other duty mitigation opportunities. Directly support S301 product exclusion requests; implement product exclusions that have been granted by USTR into Apple’s operational import process. S301 duty recovery through product exclusions, identify affected entries, file PSCs, Protests, track recovery and work with brokers to instate exclusions at time of entry. Work with Legal, Government Affairs, Business Ops., Ops., and others to request product exclusion renewals and track any forward looking opportunities. Interact directly and maintain consistent communication with the suppliers, Apple businesses and Customs brokers to ensure full compliance with importing goods into the US; timely and efficiently resolve all customs entry discrepancies. Conduct U.S. Customs Import training covering compliance with Apple Inc.’s CBP Policies and Procedures, including internal and external (supplier) training where required. Assist with the on-going development, refinement and execution of AMR customs compliance processes, metrics and reporting design. Analyze weekly/monthly and quarterly import reports and in house customs system to identify risk, deficiency, gaps in existing frameworks and make innovative solutions. Assist with various departmental projects by providing technical expertise. Participate in Global projects and strategic initiatives as directed by the programs/projects group or manager.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree plus 6+ years of equivalent practical work experience. A Masters and/or JD degree is a plus.