AI/ML - Sr Tools Engineer, Siri Authoring Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Help us create the next revolution in human-computer interaction through groundbreaking technology for large-scale systems, spoken language, and artificial intelligence. You will impact the capabilities of Siri, an intelligent voice assistant that converses with millions of people every day. As part of the Siri Authoring Tools team, you will build tools, services, and infrastructure that help improve Siri and dramatically extend its capabilities and reach. We enable the development of new features, the design of new experiences, and the creation and iteration of the machine learning data and systems that make it all possible.
- 8+ years with programming languages such as C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, or TypeScript.
- Proven experience building client APIs, particularly for the Apple ecosystem
- Experience with distributed systems design and deploying production-grade code.
- Familiarity with designing and building web-based APIs and services.
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms, computational complexity, and profiling and optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
The team is seeking an experienced and passionate applications engineer to join our team. You will have a combination of client software development, distributed systems architecture, API design, and production deployment skills. The Siri Authoring Tools team sits at the intersection of many initiatives within Siri and you will be working closely with multi-functional teams across disciplines. Machine learning knowledge or interest is a plus, as our systems interact closely with the intelligence that power Siri. We need an outstanding teammate — you will collaborate with engineers in several technical areas who have built the entire range of Siri's capabilities. In this role, you will participate in engineering design discussions and may be responsible for architecting or contributing to the design of new products and systems or the overhaul of existing ones. You should be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing environment with ever-changing priorities. We are passionate about user experience and crafting best in class products. That obsession extends to the tooling that this team is responsible for, and you will be able and expected to ensure that our products serve their customers in the best possible manner. This means building highly available, highly reliable systems that facilitate simple, efficient workflows for improving and extending Siri.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - Interest or experience with NLP and production Machine Learning systems is a plus
- - Bonus points for existing experience with Apple ecosystem development