AppleCare Support Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Support Engineering is a fast-paced, dynamic organization that is responsible for partnering with Apple Engineering and the AppleCare pillars to bring remarkable support strategies to life. In this organization, we strive to understand the “why” of every customer contact and ensure that their experience is extraordinary. Product Readiness, Response, and Tier 3/Tier 4 level Technical Support are all part of this vast organization. We are looking for an experienced project manager capable of leading multiple initiatives of varying scale, complexity, and focus. In this role, you will work directly with various organization to manage initiatives that support their objectives, as well as work cross-functionally with the Contact Center and IS&T organizations to deliver a broad range of results in various roles. The right candidate for this role will have experience in both traditional software project management, machine learning initiatives, and data privacy and security. This is a challenging role because of the breadth of work and depth on experience that is need. This role is full-time and is for location at the Austin, TX campus.
- 5+ years of overall experience working in the project management field with PMP Certification.
- Experience leading both Machine Learning projects and Software projects.
- Strong data analytic skills along with a technical background is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to coordinate with multiple technical and business teams, including security, marketing, legal and executives.
- Able to drive effective and lasting change in a fast paced, dynamic business environment.
- Experience in facilitation across multiple business organizations with the ability to drive consensus through collaboration and negotiation is a must.
- Thinks analytically and uses data to derive astute business insights.
- Brings a customer-centric focus with a can-do attitude and has the flexibility to adapt to evolving business needs.
- Demonstrates a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get work done.
- Transparent in all their actions, proactive in their approach, and flexible with their style.
- Proficient with Apple products, office productivity software, and project planning tools.
This role will support existing machine learning installations through program audits, annotation, model retraining, and data analysis. Additionally, you will lead new initiatives as “proofs of concept” through to fruition. This Project Manager will be responsible for collaboration with business partners through the life cycle of an initiative, organizing meetings and updates, providing support in various ways, and working to ensure the installation effectively assists towards achieving a desired business goal. Understanding business processes is critical to successfully executing ML solutions and driving adoption of the new processes that ML introduces is a key to success. This PM will be the interface between a business unit and the IS&T technical teams. It will require facilitation, coordination, and a strong drive to understand the business goals and properly convey the needs to the technical partners. A well suited candidate will have a technical background and/or is willing to learn the technical aspects of building and implementing machine learning solutions. A background in data science is a bonus, but not required to be successful. Additionally, you will concurrently run traditional process improvement, change management, and software implementation releases. The workload will range from tactically managing mature programs to driving new projects. Focusing on the details while traversing various levels of management and engagement will be key. Partners closely with the ML Program Manager on the strategic direction of the program and the initiatives that are delivered.
Education & Experience
BS degree or higher required PMP Certification required PgMP desired PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA considered