Human Factors Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a human factors engineer/UX researcher to apply user-centered design principles to design and development of Apple products.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment. Ideal candidates will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and aesthetic sensibility.
- This position requires strengths in creating thorough design of experiments, utilizing the scientific method, manipulating/analyzing datasets, and visualizing results effectively.
-Apply Human Factors Engineering (HFE) techniques and principles at all phases of product/technology development. -Exercise independent judgment in development of study methodology, data collection efforts, data analysis, conclusions, and design recommendations. -Develop user study criteria and detailed methodology for widely varied projects, spanning from formative to evaluative and qualitative to quantitative. -Conduct user-centered research and evaluation on a diverse user population utilizing experimental data and scientific publications. -Conduct statistical and qualitative analyses of data and provide clear and concise feedback to teams in a timely manner. -Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, and product development groups. -Maintain an active working knowledge of worldwide human factors publications and standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required (master’s or doctorate preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in human factors, industrial engineering, cognitive engineering, human-computer interaction, or experimental psychology.
- Candidates with any of the following are preferred:
- -Relevant industry experience in human factors and/or consumer product usability evaluation
- -Experience with scripting/programming for data manipulation and research applications (e.g., R, Matlab, Python)
- -Experience in cognitive engineering (work/task analysis, information processing)
- -Expertise with biometric data systems (eye tracking, EEG, GSR)
- -Expertise with motion capture systems
- -Expertise in interview techniques related to product use
- -Expertise in survey development