Product Manager - Communities
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Digital team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible array of digital support solutions, one being online communities. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a real passion for social media and/or communities to join the Apple Support Communities team. We are seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic problem solver, and skilled communicator who has a proven record for leading and growing social channels and/or communities. A deep understanding of social engagement behaviors is significant, as is an understanding of Apple ecosystem. Your responsibility requires you to develop innovative tactics and evangelize the critical importance of experimenting, learning, and iterating to unlock core product growth. You will help evaluate the competitive landscape and look for opportunities to innovate. In this role, you will partner closely with business partners, development, design, and analytics to execute a roadmap of ideas all oriented towards improving conversion and building value for Apple customers.
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in social platform / community product management. Experience in growing a user base.
- Have experience with—and be an advocate for—Agile and automated-testing methodologies and opportunities.
- You've got an ability to see the big picture and operate comfortably with a high level of ambiguity.
- You are a self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Lead impactful programs independently under concurrent deadlines.
- You have excellent interpersonal abilities. This includes being able to communicate strategy clearly and concisely across audiences and partners, with the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- Excellent presentation abilities and can deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You work well under pressure, with confirmed experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of products and services.
- You have experience with global teams and international product expansion.
- Passion to think differently and challenge conventional approaches to problem-solving.
- Strong sense of the psychology and motivating factors behind social and/or community engagement. Experience with gamification is a strong plus.
Identify new customer experiences or improvement opportunities, generate technical requirements, and partner with software engineering teams to develop, test, & execute plans. Lead development efforts by conveying a vision to the team, outlining requirements in a product backlog, and prioritize it based on business value. Perform traditional Product Owner responsibilities in a Scrum team, including writing of user stories and acceptance criteria. Negotiate and influence product trade-offs impacting schedule and usability to improve user experience. Establish strong working relationships with engineering teams, designers, and business partners. Critical that you be able to efficiently communicate technical concepts to both software developers and non-developers / business partners. Investigate, test, and deliver new technical solutions to help power self-solve opportunities for customers seeking resolution to an issue or seeking to learn about their Apple products. Research and synthesize community-related trends, competitive trends, user feedback, and A/B testing data to identify new product opportunities, working hand-in-hand with data science team. Use your deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment-driven proposals. Collaborate on a continuous basis with other product managers, and analyze impact of upcoming new features on Communities.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience