Quality Engineer Lead - Apple Corporate Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about software quality through automation and engineering excellence? If so, we’d like to talk to you! As a Quality Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for driving quality engineering for software products, building quality frameworks, and developing test automation and tools. We are looking for a creative and motivated hands-on experienced software quality engineer to lead quality engineering and testing for a portfolio of corporate systems products, including business functional use-case testing, and non-functional quality, negative testing, and performance. The Quality Engineering team is part of the Engineering Operations team for Corporate Systems. This team is directly responsible for managing the quality of complex custom enterprise applications, partnering with various engineering development teams.
- Passion for driving quality into software products.
- 8+ years of experience in software quality engineering and 2+ years of prior experience working as a software developer.
- Proven track record of driving quality focused on automation, building tools, and QA testing.
- Experience building test automation frameworks and business use-case testing.
- Very hands-on in developing quality framework and test automation.
- Experience in Java, scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python, etc.). Linux platforms and relational databases.
- Solid experience managing offshore teams.
- Strong in analytical problem-solving skills and looking beyond what’s obvious
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Must have implemented and applied Continuous Integration (CI) successfully.
- Experience with Git, Java, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra highly desirable.
- Experience qualifying SAAS products is highly desirable
- Prior experience guiding a team of quality engineers or contractor/vendor resources is desirable.
- Experience testing on Mac OS, iOS (mobile apps). Cloud-based technologies a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- See yourself working in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with development and other teams in planning and delivering quality for software.
You will be defining and driving test approaches and test plans for assigned projects and functional test areas, expanding our current test cases, engineering quality testing, and executing required tests. You will own quality for functional or application areas and must be able to define qualification strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, integration, and reliability testing for applications that are part of complex mobile, desktop and cloud client/server ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven hands-on experience. This position requires an individual able to own and lead outcomes, lead group of resources, and work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate testing efforts for sophisticated client and server feature sets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s and/or Masters in Computer Science with 8+ years relevant work experience.