Interactive Release Engineer, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest in open source technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. The role of Interactive Release Engineer is responsible for leading the release pipeline that fuels www.apple.com. You will be directly supporting the development and content teams that are crafting and publishing content to one of Apple’s most trafficked websites. Ideally, you have worked within a build/release role supporting software and application development teams previously, and possess strong communication skills with great ability to handle the unexpected.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional software development experience working on complex development projects within a Linux based environment
- You are highly proficient in Python and Bash, Groovy/Go scripting experience a huge plus.
- Experience managing and configuring web servers (e.g. Apache/Nginx)
- You are a dedicated problem-solver who can work well within a dynamic environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- Excellent collaboration experience working with members of multiple teams, diagnosing and debugging complex systems, build, deployment and operational issues
- Experience with web application security (SSL)
- Experience with source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- In depth experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) methodologies and tools such as Jenkins, logging and monitoring tools
- Experience with Docker and configuration management systems such as Ansible, Kubernetes, or similar grid computing technologies
- Confidence to take initiative in solving problems, and capable of maintaining composure under strain and working diligently within tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- A thorough understanding and appreciation for team dynamics and the role DevOps/Release Engineering plays
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills
- Collaborates with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability - Sets-up Jenkins build jobs to build front-end code and front-end templates. - Configures Apache web servers used in the staging environment with appropriate project settings. - Provides advanced SVN/Git support to release operations and front-end development teams. - Finds opportunities to streamline the release pipeline through automation/tooling. - Works multi-functionally across teams within Marcom’s Interactive Marketing organization. - Balances multiple projects, assignments, and launches at a time within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. - Works with Release Operations and Infrastructure Engineering teams to meet SLA’s and business expectations in support of website releases.
Education & Experience
A BS in Computer Science is highly preferred.