Display FW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core Operating Systems (Core OS) team is responsible for the foundational software used in Apple's most iconic and beloved products. We're looking for a Display FW Engineer capable of both large scale and detail oriented thinking to help design, debug, analyze and develop display related features. The ideal candidate considers themselves a systems engineer, comfortable with low level software development, driver development and should be familiar with kernel and operating systems concepts. Communication and cross functional collaboration are essential to succeed in this role. We're looking for engineers who have a passion for software quality, take pride in their work and thrive when presented with a challenge.
- Experience writing drivers or firmware code in C or C++
- Experience reading schematics and data sheets
- Experience developing software in a team environment
- Experience writing testable software
- Experience debugging software spanning user and kernel space
- Experience understanding, debugging and changing other people's code
- Knowledge and understanding of OS fundamentals
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
As part of the Core IO Networking & Sensors Architecture team, you will be working on the platform and firmware code that drive our displays. There will be opportunities to work on new features, debug challenging problems, and work in a team environment spanning multiple organizations. The successful candidate will be writing and debugging firmware code written in C and C++. They will participate in technical discussions to design new features and contribute to test definition and design. They will work with cross-functional partners to identify new requirements, help diagnose issues and provide feedback in schematic reviews.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience / skills