Senior Software Engineering Manager - Apple Corporate Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Corporate Systems Engineering group as a Senior Engineering Manager to lead, manage and innovate products and custom solutions that create new value chain for Apple’s business. The Corporate Systems Engineering at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet the growing business needs of Apple's Finance, People, iTunes, Sales, Procurement, Retail, and Caffè Macs groups. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, and Non-SQL Databases.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing enterprise architecture, software design, and development of distributed systems
- Experience in leading and managing project managers, technical leads, software engineers, and vendor resources
- Deep understanding of object oriented and micro-services design concepts and current experience developing in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Oracle, and Non-SQL database.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Knowledgeable with the usage of UI frameworks
- Solid knowledge of applications performance improvement techniques and caching solutions
- Working knowledge of source control software (GitHub)
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As member of the management team, you will play a critical role in leading and shaping new systems architecture and technical direction for the Corporate Systems Engineering organization. You will be working with project managers and external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables. Candidates should have a software engineering background in architecture, design and development experience in building mission critical applications on engineering the processing of very high volume financial transactions. Sound judgement, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong technical leadership with the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence is must. Responsibilities • In charge of the portfolio of applications – oversight, standardization, and quality of the application architecture, design, and development • Shape product vision taking into consideration the future business needs as well as the accumulated technical debt • Work with project managers on defining the scope, milestones, deliverables, and resources needed for the product development • Lead and manage a team of technical leads, software engineers, and vendor resources for delivering a quality product • Lead prototypes and POCs development to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems • Manage technical developers; own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness • Work with the QE/QA team to create and refine processes and technical standards for the Corporate Systems area • Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development teams • Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 10+ years experience OR MS/PhD degree with 8+ years experience.
- Knowledge of SOX, PCI, and related compliance standards
- Knowledge in designing solution using non-SQL databases such as Mongo-DB