Software Automation & Tools Engineer - Applied Networking
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Applied Networking team is looking for a software engineer to create, maintain and improve Applied Networking’s automated testing and tools infrastructure for all major platforms. The Applied Networking team is responsible for Continuity features, AirDrop and Sharing, critical system frameworks, and cutting edge features! This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming and communication skills to work alongside engineering teams working on these projects. We're looking for critical thinkers to drive our automated testing to help deliver high-quality next releases for iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS.
- 1-2 years experience in the software industry, with passion for quality processes.
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation frameworks.
- Strong experience in utilizing Python, Perl, shell scripting, version control systems, object-oriented methodology, and other related tools/scripting languages.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organization and communication skills.
- Experience in testing and automating APIs, UIs and Native Applications.
- Experience in software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ or Objective-C.
- Working knowledge of Apple platforms (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS) is preferred.
As an Applied Networking Automation & Tools Engineer you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving automated testing frameworks/infrastructure and tools used to qualify Applied Networking features and frameworks on all platforms. You will be implementing a mix of functional, performance, stress/reliability, and end-to-end automated tests. In addition, developing innovative tools to boost our testing efficiency, debug failures, and making it easy to communicate results with high level reports. You will also be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting test automation results. Excellent communication skills are a must, because of the high level of interaction with the engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple, as well as the larger developer community. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.