Touch Calibration & Instrumentation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. Be a part of the Touch Calibration and Instrumentation group to develop customized solutions for calibrating and measuring touch sensors on next- generation iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The display touch calibration & instrumentation team is responsible for designing and deploying complete solutions to calibrate and inspect fully assembled mobile devices. We are looking for well-rounded individuals that have backgrounds in EE, ME, and SE, to contribute in designing and deploying complete solutions to production
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Direct hands-on experiences working with mobile displays with touch sensors and have a strong passion and interest in this area.
- Strong electrical engineering background in electromagnetism, analog and mixed-signal design, in particular in the areas of high precision low-power design and board-level circuits.
- Solid understanding of signals and systems, in particular noise performances of a system.
- Experiences in analyzing and determining the fundamental root cause mechanisms for various non-idealities and side-effects, and proposing mitigations.
- Experiences and understanding of touch technologies and collaborate with fellow Touch EEs to deliver state-of-the-art touch solutions.
- Programming skills and working knowledge of MATLAB, Objective-C/C++ and able to work comfortably with Xcode.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and solid team player.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia
- Preferred Skills :
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D field solvers such as COMSOL or similar simulation tools is desired.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high volume consumer products; direct experience with touch technology and / or flat panel display technology is beneficial.
Key responsibilities include designing and prototyping fixture that calibrates and measures touch sensors on displays for high volume products such as iPhones and iPads. Implementation of algorithms to facilitate calibration of the touch sensors. Collaborate with various vendors and formulate design specifications. Integration of various hardware and software components to generate a complete solution for touch sensor calibration and characterization.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE