AMR Business Analyst, Online
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little guidance should fuel your creativity? We are looking for an imaginative and motivated individual to drive insights through data for the AMR Business Management team. This person should be passionately curious, help leadership see around corners, and cut through ambiguity to deliver results. As an e-commerce business analyst, you are: deeply familiar with industry KPIs, skilled at turning data into insights and recommendations, and adept at creating tools to lead large data sets at scale. The ability to effectively communicate is as important as business sense in this role. We consistently deliver business updates to a wide variety of audiences: senior management, product management, marketing, finance, and others. What better way to demonstrate the value of your skills and experience than as the e-commerce business analyst for the Americas.
- E-commerce business analysis or finance experience, and experience in an Online business built on consumer retail products.
- Operates independently, relies on own judgment and discretion to think ‘outside-the-box’ to resolve issues creatively and effectively.
- Strong Business and commercial acumen, and can work through complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrated ability to extract, conceptualize and communicate the significant patterns of business performance from data that identify key business opportunities.
- Business insight and leadership skills, including the ability to verbally present to management at any level.
- Strongly preferred: experience developing or working with tracking systems for online performance.
- Advanced expertise in the generation and analysis of visitor behavior and revenue data.
- Deliver clear and meaningful data in person and through reporting tools.
- Advanced command of data visualization techniques.
- Documented ability to work effectively with technical partners.
- Good understanding of diagnosing multi channel behavior.
- Knowledge of global e-commerce landscape.
- Understanding of how to operate within a strong brand value organization.
Develop and present consistent e-commerce specific business analysis, insights and reports across all Apple Online Store markets and platforms in the Americas. Build updates and holistic stories for key meetings such Weekly and Quarterly Business Reviews as well as ad-hoc analysis and updates to leadership. Find opportunities to improve the e-commerce experience and estimate associated revenue improvements to key business partners, utilizing Apple internal data and relevant third party resources. Work with partner teams including Analytics, Conversion, CE and Optimization to thoroughly understand and reveal opportunities in product discovery, selection and purchase experience, from complete journeys down to single asset analysis. Develop and maintain strong relationships with a core group of business partners across Apple to ensure alignment across functionality, visitor experience, and fiscal impact. Understand and build in other data around affordability / financing, key programs (including Trade-In), fulfillment methods (incl. Apple Pickup, Immediate Delivery), promotions, and impact of critical initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- - Expert knowledge of information delivery tools, incl. Excel, Tableau, SQL, Keynote
- - Expert knowledge / relationship with third party research and data sources