Build and Release Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group’s Engineering Operations team is looking for Build and Release Engineer to implement, maintain and constantly improve the build eco-system. We need someone to perform build engineering tasks, optimize our build systems, and coordinate with Engineering Program Managers (EPMs) to assemble and release Apple software. If the idea of being part of a team that is crafting the future of consumer electronics and being challenged every single day appeals to you, we want to hear from you!
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- macOS, iOS, or UNIX development experience
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Passionate about the DevOps area and software automation
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
A successful build engineer will be expected to solve problems and resolve complex software integration issues across multiple teams. They will develop and maintain tools to help the engineering teams improve productivity and improve on our existing CI build pipeline. We need someone who can collaborate with cross functional teams to improve the integration and release process while documenting the processes along the way.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle including continuous integration and agile development
- Experience with SCM tools, such as Git
- Experience with a continuous integration platform such as Jenkins