SiP Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's SiP team is seeking an experienced professional who brings broad expertise in the areas of SMT, Molding and semiconductor packaging processes and quality. This engineer will assist specifically in the deployment for mass production of several technologies including transfer molding, laser cutting and fine-pitch component surface-mount technologies. The successful engineer in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
- Extensive experience working with die attach, wire bond, molding, singulation and sputter materials and processes, all in the context of high-volume semiconductor/electronics manufacturing
- Experience with SMT technologies & equipment
- Experience with substrate based semiconductor assembly reliability and qualification processes and tests
- Deep understanding of the industry business dynamics
- Experience/background working with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Strong documentation and communication skills
• Work with Asia-based suppliers to develop SiP assembly process technologies • Scope and select suitable technologies, equipment, materials and solutions suitable for product requirements • Provide engineering support for product builds at the factory • Work with Operations group and the extended supply chain to address tooling and process lead-times
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Physics, Material Science or related with 10+ years experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.