iOS QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The UIKit & SwiftUI team develops apps and software frameworks that sit at the core of Apple’s industry leading mobile operating systems. Our products fuel the user and developer experiences across iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. We are looking for a hands-on manual QA engineer who will play a key role in our development process. You will have a significant impact on the quality of the experience for the customer, developer, and our applications used by millions of users worldwide.
- Excellent understanding of SQA methodologies & practices
- Familiarity with C, C++, Objective-C or Swift
- Experience in device automation, including developing, triaging, and maintaining tests
- Do you thrive on investigating and debugging difficult problems?
- Ability to multi-task well and change focus quickly
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- Passion for quality, outstanding attention to detail
This role requires a proactive individual with strong QA experience in both manual testing and automation. In early development phases, you will be asked to develop test suites in collaboration with other embedded teams as well as engineering that cover new features in their entirety. As development progresses, you will work closely with engineers to build and maintain automated tests as well as coverage for API. Along the way, you will work collaboratively with other QA engineering teams to develop effective testing strategies as well as quality metrics for new and existing features.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- - Prior iOS, macOS, tvOS or watchOS development experience is a plus
- - Prior experience with performance tools is a plus
- - Familiarity with UIKit or SwiftUI is a plus
- - Experience with CI systems is a plus