Systems Software Engineer - Siri Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter? The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are crafting groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence on devices and in the cloud. As part of our group, you will engineer on-device technology to bring the power of our universal search engine closer to our users. You will work with product groups to unlock major new features and bring faster, personalized response and strengthened privacy for our users.
- Skilled in C/C++, or equivalent systems programming language
- Experienced with other general purpose programming languages such as Java, Python, or Golang
- Systems development experience, knowledgeable about kernel, multithreading, storage, and memory subsystems.
- Experience with iOS device programming is a plus
- Experience with search engine, information retrieval, machine learning, NLP is a plus
- Resourceful: excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Responsibilities: - Design and build efficient indexing and information retrieval algorithms and data structures - Develop on-device search index interfaces for product integration - Perform low level performance analysis utilizing profiling and systems tools - Work with teams to advise and integration into applications - Develop cloud-based infrastructure to support and handle on-device infrastructure and telemetry
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience. Masters/PHD is a plus.