Project Manager - US - Education and Government Business Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Successful candidates will be strong and practical problem-solvers with experience managing a sales operations/programs driven organization. This position will be a key contributor to the EDU & Gov Business Operations Function, in both a project and run-the-business capacity. The work undertaken in this role is targeted directly towards enabling sales to execute by ensuring the ecosystem; process, systems & tools are designed to meet their needs and prepare for future strategy. Success in the role requires an ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple organizations. As a Business Operations Project Manager, you will work directly with Sales, Finance, Legal, Order Management, Contracts, as well as other key stakeholders. A successful candidate will have project management experience inside a Sales Operations organization on their resume, and must have spent time directly interacting with, and supporting the success of a large sales organization.
- Your functional expertise lies in the areas of knowing how to use data and insights that provide business decisions support for strategy, planning and sales operations. You have done this through time spent working on sales coverage/territory designs, sales compensation alignment, programs including systems & tools development that enable decision support.
- You have the knowledge and demonstrated experience in project management, including management of scope, time and schedule, with balance of quality and risk/issue management and mitigation practices.
- Effective communicator with proven success at all levels of business communication.
- Facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated success in collaborating with teams and cultivating relationships with key people in local and remote sites.
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal skills. Understanding of the business processes and ability to document them as needed by the project.
- Skilled in analyzing and reengineering business processes, and recommending solutions.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather business requirements, and documenting process inefficiencies and gaps. Typically for process capture and, reengineering.
- Represent Sales on system testing (UAT) teams and activities reporting issues to the project team and Business Operations Management. Including recommendations on go-no-go decision forums.
- Validate and approve technical root cause analysis for systems and features that directly affect enabling the sales teams A real passion for innovation and a willingness to constantly challenge the status quo.
- You keep confidences and work selflessly to always do what’s best for Apple.
- Relevant experience in sales planning and business operations; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions, participating across diverse teams that balanced between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable future growth.
In this role, you will be part of, and critical to keeping the lights on, as well as participating on projects and initiatives developed to deliver strategic objectives for Sales. These projects will consist of simple quick wins, solving for large complex issues, and transformational initiatives that may have cross functional and global impact. It requires a tenacious change agent that is able to grasp the bigger picture, identify legitimate barriers to execution and partner with stakeholders to resolve. You will represent EDU & Gov Business Operations on teams tasked with defining, building and deploying process, systems and tools developed to enable a core sales execution framework. You will be the SME, for sales process and practices required to run the business Such as; coverage & territory, account segmentation, quota allocation, and business objectives. The key resource for executing end-to-end revenue capture and compensation delivery, working with upstream sources, (channel partners), and downstream functions (ASIC), Finance etc., accountable for ensuring sales compensation is accurate and is delivered on time. As a utility player, you will be flexible and able to pivot between run the business and project activities, and as such you will be core to the success of the function. You will be a trusted advisor, and go-to resource able to transfer knowledge to peers and partner teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.