Product Platform Strategy, Planning & Analysis
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Highly transparent role at Apple that will have an impact across all of Apple's Internet Services by driving efficient infrastructure usage & optimizing cost savings. This role influences the way we make decisions by presenting analytical findings to multi-functional teams. The individual will complete multiple projects involving data science, engineering, marketing, IT, and finance teams.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis / forecasting /modeling
- Proven ability to collect, organize, and analyze large data sets
- Experience presenting a clear point of view to all levels of the organization
- Excellent collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to define data and reporting requirements
- Technical or business background in cloud or software services analytics is desirable
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology
- Specialist working knowledge of Excel; experience with R is a plus
- Previous experience with query languages (SQL) and data visualization tools is preferred
- Initiate and own multi-functional projects from inception to execution - Forecast key demand drivers for data center infrastructure - Extensive analysis of cloud resources focusing on optimization and efficiency opportunities - Influence technical implementation of hardware and software features through data driven insights - Partner with data scientists to translate key business requirements into modeling objectives and hypothesis testing - Provide ad-hoc and long-term analyses to cross functional teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence. - Advanced related degree and or certification a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.