Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Services, Analytics, Forecast, Efficiency Group is looking for a passionate and highly motivated leader to manage our automation engineering efforts. You will provide a key function in crafting the success of Apple’s current and future products, and help deliver exciting new features whilst maintaining Apple’s world class quality. We’re seeking a testing and automation aficionado to drive this critical function and enable new kinds of testing in a fast-paced environment with rapidly developing priorities.
- Highly experienced with building cloud services and distributed systems (AWS, Kubernetes, etc.) and cloud service orchestration (API- based control plane)
- Experience designing and developing scalable distributed systems with Kubernetes for production use in container-orchestration systems for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- MASTERY OF CONTAINERIZATION WITH DOCKER
- Strong programming skills in Python, Bash
- Working knowledge of network security and secure coding fundamentals
- Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery, continuous integration
- PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING PHENOMENAL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topic
- Passionate about engineering for performance and quality.
- Strong teamwork in a diverse team, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing team members
- ABILITY TO MANAGE INDIVIDUAL PROJECT PRIORITIES, DEADLINES AND WORK YOU'RE DOING
- Willingness to impact beyond defined role
The S.A.F.E. Team is responsible for collating data from multiple sources, cleaning said data, and provide a forecast for Apple's future. This position will be working to automate the team's processes to provide a continuous workflow without human intervention. We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team developing data science systems and tooling used internally at Apple. In this role, you will directly shape the future of the organization’s cloud journey as our team is an early adopter of new technologies in the cloud. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence. - Advanced related degree and or certification a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.