Software Developer, Features and API’s
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps take a whole new turn! Offering a host of innovative features, Maps makes finding and getting to your destination faster and easier than ever. With turn-by-turn spoken directions, interactive 3D views, and dedicated suggestions, as well as new indoor maps and lane guidance, Maps provides an incredible sense of direction! Our team is looking for extraordinary software engineers to deliver the next generation of navigation services for Apple Maps. If you are passionate about building the world's best navigation platform at massive scale, this opportunity is for you.
- Industry experience in C++ and Linux
- Strong understanding of common data structures and basic graph algorithms
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Inquisitive and highly-motivated self-starter
- Passionate about building and crafting outstanding products
Apple Maps provides driving, walking, and public transit routes to millions of users every single day. On our team, you will develop ground breaking navigation algorithms to constantly improve their navigation experience. As part of the navigation team, your responsibilities will include: Crafting navigation features that will be used by millions worldwide Developing features to make navigation clear, natural, and friendly Working on high performance code using C++ Participating in design and code reviews Being responsible for code maintenance duties (including incident screening and identifying bugs) Working with other specialists and QA to deliver high quality routes to our customers Influencing the future navigation guidance product direction Assisting with various team and system support needs such as pager-support for periodic 24/7 on-call duties, video calls, or other project needs.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering subject areas will be considered
- The following skills would be a plus, but are not necessary:
- Data Science or Machine Learning background
- Maps, routing, navigation, or geometrical computation experience