AI/ML - NLP/ML Scientist, Siri Understanding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the ongoing AI revolution that is redefining human-computer interactions. Solve some of the most challenging problems in Artificial Intelligence and NLP applied to international languages. Create cutting edge Deep Learning and NLP technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Shape the advancement of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant used by millions around the world. Join Siri International at Apple. We are looking for a highly motivated technologist with a strong background in NLP and/or Machine Learning research, and a strong track record of taking research ideas to product. In this position you will apply your problem solving skills to language technology challenges and opportunities within Siri International, which involves large-scale NLP for many natural languages worldwide.
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Java, C/C++
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Caffe, pyTorch, TensorFlow, Weka, scikit-learn, nltk, etc.
- Practical experience building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
* Conduct research and develop innovative machine learning, artificial intelligence and NLP solutions for multi-lingual conversational agents. * Scale the capabilities of Siri across a variety of natural languages by applying your knowledge of natural language processing and machine learning. * Provide technical guidance and experiment-driven insights to engineering teams on their machine learning modeling and data decisions. * Clearly communicate and transfer machine learning solutions to applied ML engineers, data scientists and engineers on product teams. * Provide architectural guidance on transitioning prototypes to high-performance production models. * Provide feedback to platform development teams on tools and new features required for future * Develop core platform technologies required for NLP in multiple languages of varying complexities. * Keep abreast of the latest NLP and ML research and use these ideas to improve our existing and future Apple products/services.
Education & Experience
* PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in natural language processing and/or machine learning, or a Masters degree in a related field with a strong academic track record. * Hands-on research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Practical experience in following areas is a big plus::
- * Experience with tools for statistical computing (e.g. R, NumPy, SciPy).
- * Experience with big data technologies like Apache Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
- * Knowledge of internationalization tools and standards.
- * Experience with large datasets and hands-on experience with distributed systems is a plus.
- * Native speaker fluency in one or more commercially important natural languages.