Apple Music & Content Accountant
Austin, Texas, United States
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive line up of products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and iTunes. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, partnership, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. We are seeking an experienced accountant to be part of the Internet Software & Service Accounting Team in Austin, Texas.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Revenue recognition knowledge preferred (ASC 606)
- Media/entertainment industry with content asset knowledge preferred (ASC 920, ASC 926, ASC 350-30)
- Excellent communication, critical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams on production work, initiatives, projects, and testing
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability in query, analyze, and reconcile large volumes of data
- Attention to details while still maintaining the big picture
- Most importantly: a sense of humor, a curious mind, an eagerness to learn, and a positive attitude
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition and deferral for all Apple’s internet software and services - Manage and resolve exceptions that affect revenue recognition or deferral - Participate in month-end and quarter-end close: prepare & book journal entries, prepare close deliverables, maintain and reconcile deferred revenue balance sheet accounts, and ensure all work is in accordance with company policies, U.S. GAAP, and SOx - Participate in quarterly balance sheet review for account reconciliations - Articulate how your work affects various partners in their downstream processes - Drive efficiency and scalability by streamlining or automating processes - Participate in projects in their entire cycle - from initiation to production go-live - Partner with other teams on different initiatives, projects, or production work - Train new team members - Perform ad-hoc requests by management
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting is required. Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred.