Senior Program Manager – tvOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a Senior Program Manager for the tvOS Release Program Management team. This role is focused on driving meaningful aspects of tvOS software releases. It requires commitment, creativity and ownership; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery, not tasks. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship releases which millions of customers will use.
- 5+ years of program or project management in software, preferably in media ecosystems
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle
- Superior scheduling capability with overlapping deliverables
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A clear track record of making a difference in the programs you drive
- Self-starting, self-motivated, and self-directed – ability to execute on high-level strategy with minimal guidance
- Strong facilitation skills (driving key partnerships, providing meaningful program trajectory updates, progress and status meetings, etc.)
- Ability to anticipate critical program needs and provide solutions quickly
We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager with a consistent record in project management. You will need to have hands-on experience managing key aspects of software releases. You will develop tools and processes to gain efficiencies in the overall OS lifecycle. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices – strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. -- Drive and ship very cross-functional releases, end to end. -- Oversee large-scale lifecycle management of operating systems: *Run program-level bug reviews through critical release junctures *Provide arbitration over critical decisions impacting timeliness of releases *Work with a variety of stakeholders: Engineering, PM, QA, Design, Marketing, Product, Legal, Privacy, et al. *Enable effective approaches of software live-on and beta testing *Maintain focus on bug volume targets, trajectory, and intervention needed per release -- Define, gather, and own KPIs for product-level success -- Take a role in improving how software releases and projects are run and executed on the team. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, similar technical field, or equivalent experience