Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Retail Store Apps team is looking for an experienced Engineering Project Manager capable of managing multiple initiatives of varying scale and complexity. As an EPM, you will be at the forefront of delivering solutions that support our Retail Store teams in delivering outstanding customer experiences. EPMs facilitate great communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they will drive day-to day program activities, system release planning, execution & risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects. The successful candidate requires excellent analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills along with a passion for customer experience.
- 7+ years of industry experience & project management experience.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience project managing complex, cross functional projects
- Phenomenal attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- You exhibit a deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- Ability to build and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Good understanding of software development methodologies
You'll lead multi-functional development teams and work with partners across the organization. You'll improve the product development cycle by looking for patterns, offering standard methodologies and implementing change to ensure tight coordination and communication. Additional responsibilities include: - Define, manage and track development schedules and execution - Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks - Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and management - Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status - Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently - Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.