Audio Triage Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? The Audio team within the Interactive Media Group is looking for an energetic automation engineer to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will help us process and analyze incoming bugs by utilizing existing tools and developing new approaches for our ever-expanding dataset of bugs. The Audio QA group provides audio software support across all of Apple’s products. We are seeking a creative, and organized triage automation engineer to develop automated solutions to support and enhance our quality initiatives. Audio drivers, firmware and audio subsystems will all be qualified using this automated toolset.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills along with a diligent approach
- Exemplary written communication skills, and considerate, yet confident personal communication skills
- A foundational understanding of electronics, audio technology, and studio recording
- Musicians accepted
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of what everyone on the team is working on. You will combine a passion for the operating system and Audio, with a strong dedication to product quality and reliability. Excellent communication and partnership are a requirement, as you will be asked to work closely with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: Maintain and further develop triage automation tools, including automated processing of diagnostic data for manual screening engineers, crash report symbolication and identification of known duplicate reports, and the development of manual triage tools which rely on automated input and ML data.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, with an interest in digital audio
- The following experience would be preferred, though applicants without this experience can also apply:
- • Experience with iOS and macOS SDK and Core Audio development
- • Strong interest in digital audio technology
- • Experience with and a passion for audio / music applications