Location QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Sensing and Connectivity team to work on cutting-edge Location Technologies that power critical experiences on Apple products. We build highly innovative and deeply impactful location features such as Maps, Proximity Sensing, Indoor Location and iBeacon - among many more. Your work on the test and qualification of our features directly impacts the lives of our billion-strong user base. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire our customers. We’re looking for an individual to help us build automation infrastructure, automated tests, and tools to enhance our QA processes and deliver the best location experience for our customers. Are you highly technical, a strong communicator, collaborative, and have great programming skills? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- You have 2 plus years of experience writing Python code
- You’ve worked with or designed automated build & test systems
- You’ve strong knowledge of object-oriented programming paradigms
- Ability to build tools and frameworks needed to achieve extensive test coverage across various applications
- You have great attention to detail and ability to find and document quality bug reports OSX and Unix experience is required.
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as Numpy, Pandas is a plus
The Location Software QA team undertakes special projects for the Sensing and Connectivity groups at Apple. These projects have ranged from developing data crowdsourced systems to prototyping apps & features for future OS releases. Our team also relies heavily on continuous integration and test automation systems. In this position you will work closely with hardware and software developers and will be among the first to receive unreleased prototypes. Strong programming skills are required as many teams will rely on your software to get their work done.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Experience with indoor location technologies or WiFi-based positioning a plus.