Location QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Sensing and Connectivity team to work on ground breaking Location Technologies that power critical experiences on Apple products. We build highly innovative and deeply impactful location features such as Maps, Proximity Sensing, Indoor Location and iBeacon - among many more. We are looking for individuals to join the team that shipped U1 (UWB) chipset. We are just getting started and have lots of exciting new features ahead of us built on this technology. You will work collaboratively with developers to test and qualify our features that directly impact the lives of our billion-strong user base. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire our customers. Are you highly technical, a strong communicator, collaborative, and have a knack for thinking of comprehensive test & validation scenarios? If so, send us your resume.
- 1 or more years of deep understanding in wireless location technologies such as GNSS, Ultra Wideband (UWB), Wifi/Bluetooth
- Knowledge of scripting languages in a plus: e.g. Python, shell scripting
- You would be helping with defining use case test scenarios in close collaboration with HW/SW teams across the company
- You have a shown understanding of QA methodologies and processes, and are a strong advocate for the customer experience
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a reciprocal environment and can communicate clearly while deftly driving multiple projects across several teams
The Location Software QA team undertakes special projects for the Sensing and Connectivity groups at Apple. These projects have ranged from developing data crowdsourcing systems to prototyping apps & features for future OS releases. We are looking for an engineer with deep understanding of wireless technologies and the possibilities such technologies hold for improved positioning. We work closely with software engineers, management, other Apple QA teams, and will contribute new work to existing quality plans, as well as develop entirely new plans. You will also work with developers to understand the feature, and use data-driven test results to influence and craft the end product. You will use your programming skills to automate test processes, data analysis, and dashboard creation. You will be exposed to cross-functional initiatives, using your technical know-how to influence partner validation plans and strategies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.