UI / Front End Engineer - Applied Machine Learning Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- Experience serving in a Lead/Senior role within a larger Front-End Engineering team
- Experience with Single Page Application architecture
- Proficient in node.js, angular, typescript. HTML5, DHTML and CSS3
- Develop code and create unit tests for open source, Flux-based frameworks such as ReactJS.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Experience developing and implementing UI/Front-end for high volume web applications.
- Experience in Cross-browser development and troubleshooting
- Proficient knowledge of Git and CI /CD pipelines
- Knowledge of RESTFul services is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Omniture is a plus
- Experience building charts & visually presenting data using D3 is a plus
Join Apple's AML Team, as a Search Software UI Engineer. You will work with other search engineers in the team for overall success for Search and other ML based systems. Collaborate with peers from other Engineering groups, MarCom, AppleCare and operations teams to solve complex and challenging problems with efficient and scalable delivery of Search solutions. You are expected to be self-motivated, dedicated, and a solution-oriented individual. The main responsibilities for this position include: - Leading effort to build react based UI and taking it to production. - Should have knowledge of how dashboard and charts are created. - Should have experience and knowledge of how customer facing web pages and dynamic content is created and managed. - Work with cross functional teams to drive requirements. - Design and implement as per secure guidelines - Work with QA to identify issues and fix it. Other aspects of the job include mentoring and providing feedback to junior developers, working with the team manager and PM in estimating scope and team capacity, responding to urgent requests from executives or business needs, and maintaining the stability and high reliability of our systems.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS/PHD or relevant industry experience.