Systems Administrator, Mobile Device Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, we take pride in surprising and delighting our customers with innovative products and services that enrich lives. The people here at Apple explore ideas that create new markets and revolutionize how people live. We believe better solutions exist and focus on defining and perfecting them. Bring your passion, dedication, and expertise and find out how much you can make a difference. Join Apple, and help us make the world better for our future generations. We are seeking a seasoned Systems Administrator to lead mobile device management and system account set up activities within a fast-growing field engineering organization. Your expertise will support key operations-based initiatives within a Research and Development organization that will massively impact mission-critical deliverables. We want you to streamline operational efficiency to support a key vertical. Your mobile device management expertise will be used to deliver custom builds, configurations, and applications to a growing fleet of remote iOS and macOS devices — ensuring precision with every deployment. You’ll design and maintain efficient onboarding processes ensuring all team members quickly receive various critical credentials. This role will report to the Manager of Special Projects Group’s Test Operations team.
- Experience evaluating, testing, deploying, and updating macOS and iOS devices
- JAMF Pro 300 or 400 certification, management experience including managing DEP and VPP.
- Familiar with Systems Administration concepts
- Deploying proprietary and vendor-specific applications, security tools and patches, updates, and drivers
- Creating, developing, maintaining, & deploying enterprise macOS images
- Familiarity with source control and defining branch, tag, and code merging strategies
- Experience managing account credentials including SAML and LDAP
- Experience using ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communications and debugging skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment collaborating with a dynamic team
In this role, you will partner with various leaders throughout a division to investigate, identify, and deliver mobile device management and account set up process solutions. Your ability to connect with others, think strategically, and define solutions in great detail will fuel a platform for ground-breaking, world-class innovation. You’ll ensure team members swiftly receive the necessary access to do their life’s best work. Your technical expertise will have extraordinary impact to our organization and Apple.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent work experience