Global Operations Manager – Apple Pay Platform Health
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Global Operations Manager to support operational workstreams across programs. This role requires you to deeply understand launching and sustaining Apple Pay programs globally as well as dealing with merchant partners. We need a thought leader who will support, document, and train regional members of the operations team. You will develop a scalable solution by identifying key opportunities to build and optimize the workstream. The team needs a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. Basic program management skills are also highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable, preferably in operations.
- 8-10 years + experience as an Operations Manager.
- Understanding of customer support principles
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experienced in facilitating external partner communications (e.g. presentations, conference calls, and emails).
- Open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Ability to influence decisions, introduce new ideas, and lead change through collaboration, and leadership.
- Attention to detail and a strong level of customer focus.
- High level of integrity, passion, and a sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
Lead global workstreams with partners in the areas of platform health, system status, partner / customer / executive escalations, reporting/analytics, production support, customer care Engage with colleagues across the regional business operations teams in order to educate and transition key activities for ongoing support Engage with cross-functional teams (e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Server & E2E, AppleCare, Finance, Analytics & Reporting etc.) to facilitate the program. Work with customers, engineering, executive team liaisons to produce ongoing updates and drive issues to resolution Manage change. Work side by side with your partners to find opportunities to automate, streamline, and optimize processes effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. Synthesize complex issues into a clear story and/or assess operational opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable, preferably in operations.