Global Operations Manager – Apple Pay Readiness
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Global Operations Manager to support operational workstreams across programs. This role requires you to deeply understand launching and sustaining Apple Pay programs globally as well as dealing with merchant partners. We need an inspiring leader who will support, document, and train regional members of the operations team. You will develop a scalable solution by identifying key opportunities to build and optimize the workstream. The team needs a proactive, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. Basic program management skills are also highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable, preferably in operations.
- 8-10 years + experience as an Operations Manager.
- Understanding of UX tools to capture and manipulate screen shots
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experienced in facilitating external partner communications (e.g. presentations, conference calls, and emails).
- Flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Ability to influence decisions, introduce new ideas, and lead change through collaboration, and leadership.
- Attention to detail and a strong level of customer focus.
- High level of integrity and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
Lead global workstreams with partners in the areas of product readiness, user experience, customer care Engage with colleagues across the regional business operations teams in order to educate and transition key activities for ongoing support Engage with cross-functional teams (e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Server & E2E, AppleCare, Finance, Analytics & Reporting etc.) to facilitate the program. Work with hardware and software engineering teams to track upcoming features and develop customer experience frameworks for operational readiness Lead change. Work side by side with your partners to find opportunities to automate, streamline, and optimize processes optimally within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. Synthesize complex issues into a clear story and/or assess operational opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable, preferably in operations.