Software QE Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Enterprise Technology Services group is looking for a highly motivated, Engineer with a strong background in Quality Assurance to join its team of highly skilled software engineers. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of quality engineering of server side & customer-facing distributed platforms and applications in a fast-paced multifaceted environment. Your job is to keep our high-quality bar set ridiculously high, and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher. The QE Engineer in this role will play a key function in delivering highly critical features to internal and external customers on OS X, iOS, and Web in addition to supporting the development of internal test automation & test data creation tools.
- 4 or more years of professional work experience in software QA or engineering
- Experience automating functional & integration testing of Web, iOS, OS X, and backend services & applications
- Experience testing in Java, SQL, Unix, Scala, NoSQL, and Web Services (Rest & SOAP) environments
- Experience in QA for highly scalable, distributed and high performance platforms
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior Driven Frameworks (BDD), DevOps and setting up QA environments
- Familiarity with Machine learning and its common practical applications
- Experience with Apple hardware and software
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- Outstanding collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered on Web, iOS, OS X, and other operating systems Build QA Automation tools and platforms with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build Functional testing tools and improve existing automation platforms Work closely with multi-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering Contribute to initiatives to improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements Proactive and must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in setting up Code coverage, Static analysis, Sonar, and QA metrics dashboard.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and tools
- Experience writing custom tools for QA automation