Cellular RF Transmitter Systems Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, independent engineer with a proven track record in the area of transmitter systems engineering. Our world-class team shapes the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge transmit architectures and solutions for Apple’s wireless products that enable a unique customer experience!
- We would like you to have 7+ years of relevant experience in RF, including cellular transmit architectures.
- You have expertise in transmit concepts and procedures for cellular systems like power control, in analyzing transmit chains from BB interface to antenna and in translating top level requirements into specification items for transceiver building blocks and RF components (e.g. PA, filter, switches).
- You can immediately identify critical requirements and assess the impact on the TX system.
- Expertise in digital signal processing is a plus.
- You have in-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on transmit system specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are essential to have.
In this role, you will be part of the best-in-class cellular RFSE Team. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams and suppliers to assess, design and drive TX implementations and innovations with focus on leading-edge performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from other solutions. YOUR DAILY WORK INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TASKS: - Translate system level- and performance requirements into requirements for the TX system including the breakdown to block level and component level. - Analyze the transmit chain by means of simulations (e.g. MATLAB, ADS) and level plan analysis. - Identify and analyze critical requirements, and provide deep dive assessments with respect to critical metric impact, timeline and risks. - Solve complex and interdisciplinary problems that are related to the transmit system. - Drive the alignment of requirements, design targets and design trade-offs with other teams like HW design and SW engineering. - Work with vendors, technology suppliers and multi-functional teams to optimize cellular system performance. - Provide specifications as input for the HW and SW development.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is mandatory. We would prefer a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.