Cellular RF Transmitter Systems Engineer - Digital Signal Processing
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, independent engineer with a proven track record in the area of transmitter systems engineering. Our world-class team shapes the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge transmit architectures and solutions for Apple’s wireless products that enable a unique customer experience!
- We would like you to have 7+ years of relevant experience in RF, including cellular transmit architectures.
- Solid background in digital signal processing with key expertise in digital filter design, RF signal processing, parameter estimation and adaptive algorithms.
- Proven track record on efficient implementation of signal processing algorithms in digital hardware, especially with respect to critical metrics like power consumption, die area and testability.
- You have in-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on transmit system specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are essential to have.
In this role, you will be part of the best-in-class cellular RFSE Team. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams and SW teams. You’ll drive digital implementations and digital innovations of cellular transmitters with uncompromised focus on leading-edge performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from competitive solutions. Your daily work includes the following tasks: • Translate system level- and performance requirements into requirements for the TX system including the breakdown to block level and component level. • Analyze the transmit chain by means of simulations (e.g. MATLAB, ADS) and level plan analysis. • Identify and analyze critical requirements and provide deep dive assessments with respect to critical metric impact, timeline and risks. • Specification of digital architectures for RF transmitters with focus on data path and its configurability. • Develop signal processing algorithms with focus on efficient implementation in digital hardware. • Simulation and verification of digital TX lineups. • Close collaboration with digital design and firmware development teams: handover of specifications, reference models and block diagrams, and KPI analysis of DSP blocks.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is required. We would prefer a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.