Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team builds and provides systems that power Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps). We are the builders of foundational cloud primitives that enable teams to build top notch products that our customers love. We are a greenfield initiative to build an elastic, scalable, and secure distributed unstructured data storage system, from ground up. Our vision is to enable customers to run a wide variety of mission critical workloads such as databases, ML, analytics, enterprise and containerized applications. Highly durable storage substrate will offer options for customers to right size their workloads at the cost and performance intersection. Our goal is to provide a high throughput, low latency distributed reads and writes to underlying disaggregated storage system. We are looking for passionate and pragmatic Software Engineers to be part of this innovative team. Role offers opportunity to shape the product features, technical architecture, cross-functional influence and organizational impact.
- Strong coding skills in languages like Rust, C, C++, Go, or Java.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with solid knowledge on foundational data structures, OS and distributed systems.
- Strong ownership and track record of delivering results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Rust programming language.
- Proficient in Multithreaded and Asynchronous IO systems programming.
- Good understanding of Linux kernel.
- Knowledge of IO subsystems and performance vectors of hardware systems.
Engineers at Apple craft products, that are not just ground breaking but revolutionary in nature. It’s the diversity of people and their ideas that moves the innovation needle for billions of Apple users around the world. It shows in everything that we do here. Come and join us, help be a force multiplier. Role encompasses software design and development of features in storage and distributed systems. Scale, Availability, Durability, and latency are things that you think deeply about. Operational excellence, self-healing systems, reducing blast radius are things you actively factor into technical decisions. Collaborate and mentor others within and across cross-functional teams. Communicate effectively and produce high quality technical artifacts.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.