AMP Ops Intelligence Data Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! As a Data Analyst within the Apple Media Products (AMP) Operations Intelligence team you will be responsible for multiple reporting projects that strongly contribute to Video partner initiatives in the AMP Content Operations organization. Your projects will help connect the dots and directly provide operational excellence with fingertip reporting analysis to internal and external teams. The environment is fast-paced, requiring to work autonomously and adapting to tight schedules. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly. This role requires cross-functional interaction within our AMP Content Operations, Engineering and Data teams.
- 5+ years in a data analyst or business intelligence role
- 5+ years of writing SQL queries
- 3+ years of Tableau Reporting
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse environments (e.g., Teradata, Oracle)
- Hadoop experience is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively with multiple teams
- Ability to lead multiple responsibilities, priorities, and projects simultaneously
- Results oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Outstanding time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment
- Attention to detail
Develop new reporting for Apple TV App partners to improve the quality of the content delivered. Evolve and maintain the existing Video Scorecard reporting program. Automate the internal manual reporting to promote Operational Excellence. Build and maintain a connected ecosystem of self-service dashboards across multiple different platforms (Tableau, Teradata, HDFS, Box, Excel). Develop KPI reports distributed automatically on a recurring basis to our leadership teams. Work with Video LOB partners to transform their requirements into impactful dashboards. Provide technical analytics leadership and mentorship to business and IT teams. Provide deep analysis on internal data sets and recommend aggregates, dashboards and scorecards. Lead the next generation of data visualization and analysis capabilities through your projects. Provide Tableau reporting expertise and knowledge to implement decision based reporting solutions. Responsible for incoming reporting requests and liaise between the reporting groups to accomplish monthly release cycles.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Systems, Business Analytics, Operations or related field.