Test Systems Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Testing/CI/CD organization is seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented individual who will have a profound impact on rapid delivery and quality of Apple's operating systems. We need a skilled engineer to develop and maintain automated testing frameworks and infrastructure. The nature of the position requires you to possess excellent analytical and debugging skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a drive to make a difference.
- Experience developing code in C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, or Python
- Design, write, launch, and own processes, tools, automated testing frameworks, and infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineering teams to influence changes to accelerate software development velocity with increased quality
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies and test planning strategies
- Participate in operational maintenance, which could include on-call, keeping the build green, and/or writing test cases
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed due to the dynamic nature of collaboration between development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Work in a rapidly changing environment while continuously evaluating new technologies
- Experience in XCTest and/or UI Testing experience would be a bonus but not required
The Automation Foundations team is responsible for contributing to the technical design and implementation of critical systems in the CI platform. You will design and develop scalable and reusable client frameworks for all levels of the platform infrastructure. You will lead technology initiatives that drive scalability and reliability, and you will need to quickly learn and utilize knowledge of various automation systems and Operating System features.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience