Apple Professional Learning Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As an Apple Professional Learning Specialist, you will help education institutions transform their teaching and learning environments, while growing top-line revenue for Apple. To realize this goal, we gain deep understandings of the education sectors we engage with—at all levels from strategic to tactical. We create a vision that can inspire educators to transform their classrooms using Apple products. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to create plans for solutions and new use cases, and then we help drive execution of the solution. This is an annual support position located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Proven experience as both a teacher and leader at the K-12 level; Experience in a higher education setting or one-to-one learning environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards and content standards.
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of instructional design.
- Exemplary leadership skills in the successful implementation of digital resources in instructing and classroom learning across multiple curricular areas.
- Experience improving basic skills and achievement across core content areas.
- Experience developing creative curriculums, specifically infusing digital resources to promote learning.
- Experience with professional development activities such as mentoring colleagues, offering workshops locally or nationally, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Experience delivering training and programs for students and parents on basic technology skills, the ethical and secure use of the Internet, and collaboration tools.
- Strong understanding of technology with hands-on knowledge of Apple products, software applications, and other education-related third party apps.
- Excellent knowledge and use of peripherals and apps to improve learning in areas such as math, science, social studies, English language arts and Special Education.
- Understanding of trends in the use of technology and national trends in education in general.
In this role, you will: - Collaborate with curriculum and leadership to develop an effective learning plan for professional learning that supports the goals of school districts and individual schools. - Deliver high quality plans for schools throughout the United States. - Customize professional learning based on individual plans for educators. - Handle both leadership and teacher professional learning to provide educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to help support the effective use of digital resources and Apple technology. - Provide professional learning as needed to individual schools and teachers using a variety of strategies. - Offer classroom support for teachers and students in their use of Apple technology.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required - Master's degree or Doctorate preferred
- Proven experience as a classroom teacher, instructional coach and/or curriculum consultant