Wireless Software Development Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization, and join an extraordinary team of engineers; working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. Apple’s Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking hardworking, highly motivated and proactive engineer to work across layers on groundbreaking wireless IOT technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines!
- Minimum 3~5 years hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Strong Software Engineering skills including Design, Programming (C or C++, Python, shell scripting) and Debugging
- Strong knowledge and working experience in standards like IEEE 802.15.4, 802.11x, BT SIG
- Working experience in IOT protocols like Thread, dotdot, Weave, Zigbee, Z-wave
- Working experience with Open source Software
- Prototyping experience using development platforms like Beagle Bone, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc
- Experience in device driver development, and build systems is a plus
- Proven track record of project deliverables from concept to commercialization
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Apple’s Wireless Software Development team is seeking cellular protocol and software development engineers. You will join a team with varied strengths, responsible for developing wireless IOT solutions using 802.15.4, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for Apple Products like iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. Your focus will be on developing wireless software, wireless protocols, participating in open source contributions, testing and documenting.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Wireless Communications, or equivalent experience.