Senior Java Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, ser- vices, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Mobile & Messaging Apps team at Apple creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App, used by millions of Apple customers. By integrating revolutionary iOS technologies and high performance services, along with embracing the latest HI design standards, the Apple Store App sets the bar for iOS apps. In addition to the app, we also build the next generation of Apple’s engagement and communication with customers through Messaging Apps, powering the company’s official accounts on WeChat and iOS Business Chat. This position is for the Mobile and Messaging Apps, Server Side engineering. This is a fast growing business where your technical expertise will be challenged and you will be working along the top tier of the industry. Your efforts will play a key role in the success of Apple Business!
- Ninja-level Java, knowledge of Java 11 required
- Knowledge of J2EE and Spring MVC frameworks
- Proven expertise in multi-tiered application development, and familiarity with design considerations such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), performance, scalability, re-usability and flexibility
- Shown ability to work through deadlines and meet time constraints management
- Willingness to go the extra mile and work in a startup-like culture
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Your responsibility will be building and maintaining high-traffic server side micro services that provide the API endpoints for the Apple Store App. This includes e-commerce logic dealing with Product Pages, Product Search, Merchandising pages and campaigns, Checkout Process, Order Status and all different areas required by a Mobile e-Commerce solution. You will define integration to other systems via services and APIs, key customizations and extensions of the systems, data conversions and migrations. You will interact with other Apple teams and IT groups on an ongoing basis.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - Expertise with relational databases, preferably Oracle
- - Expertise with NoSQL databases, preferably Cassandra
- - Extensive experience with web application servers such as Tomcat or Jetty
- - Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites
- - Working knowledge of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and
- - Agile development practices
- - Previous experience with implementation of APIs used by a Mobile Application
- - Knowledge of languages used in the mobile space such as Objective-C and Swift
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.