Senior Technical Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Mobile and Messaging Apps Team is a highly cohesive team operating, in an exciting and fast-paced Agile development environment. We build mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. We are also responsible for Apple’s next generation platform for engagement and communication with customers through Messaging apps such as Apple Messages and WeChat.
- - 5+ years of project management in software development. iOS app development helpful.
- - Demonstrated ability Software Development Lifecycle experience (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- - In-depth experience operating in an e-Commerce environment
- - Ability to lead, take action and provide direction in the face of ambiguity
- - Strong capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- - Must be able to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make decisions in the absence of complete information.
- - Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- - Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization, both business facing and Engineering.
- - Outstanding presentation skills for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - Ability to multi-task and own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries
- - Strong technical proficiency, especially relating to e-commerce: server architecture and development, systems integration, reconciliation with the ability to frame technical solutions/options and negotiate business acceptance.
- - Highly accountable and responsible. Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- - Comfortable expressing a point of view and inspiring change across projects, programs and processes
- - Knowledge of Apple Retail and core products and operating systems
- - Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
This is a hands-on position where the Technical Project Manager will be involved in business requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, working with key strategic partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for the delivery and success of your features. You will drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. You will coordinate all aspects of multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, risks and prioritization. You will manage communication — informing status and issues to team members, management and other project partners.
Education & Experience
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant proven experience and at least 5 years in a project manager position. MBA is desired. Industry recognized Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional certification desirable.