Anti-Piracy Program Manager
New York City, New York, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. As part of a team, you will oversee global anti-piracy program operations, being chiefly responsible for handling the removal of infringing content and links across various areas, including online search, social media and streaming sites, as well as working with major platforms where infringing content is found. This role requires supervising and leading the takedown operations of multiple vendors, each of which require extensive training, constant close supervision, frequent direction on our overall enforcement strategy, and regular auditing to ensure accuracy. In addition, you will be responsible for preparing consolidated reports of our anti-piracy efforts both to quantify and support our enforcement efforts, as well as supply valuable information to our business partners.
- 5+ years of anti-piracy experience, preferably in house at a studio or in an equivalent role.
- Familiarity with copyright and trademark enforcement issues and anti-piracy issues including fair use and the DMCA, as well as online IPR enforcement in US, Russia, EU, India and other jurisdictions, including knowledge of the challenges and requirements in each region.
- Familiarity with online platforms, marketplaces and technologies, including a strong working knowledge of social media and UGC sites.
- Direct experience with content identification and management technologies, including YouTube Content ID and Facebook Rights Manager preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills, excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize.
- Comfortable embracing technology and working independently in a dynamic environment.
Assist with development of global anti-piracy strategy and per-title enforcement treatment. Work with Apple teams to create and maintain technical and other workflows for ingestion of new digital content for enforcement and to develop takedown, data and reporting tools. Create and administer anti-piracy workflows, protocols and parameters. Interface and coordinate with production partners on anti-piracy initiatives and efforts. Track and analyze piracy data, perform statistical compilation, and design and generate custom reporting in order to track enforcement activity and to identify overall online piracy trends. Determine optimal resource allocation and effectiveness of global anti-piracy enforcement efforts, including evaluating technological solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.