Senior Software Engineer, Back-end
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Media Products (AMP) first delighted users with downloadable music in April 2003 with the opening of the iTunes Store. Since then, AMP delivered countless innovations around the digital delivery of audio and video. And now we are innovating video story telling with the launch of Apple TV+. We are looking for a highly experienced, self-starting, and ambitious Full-Stack engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions as they build large-scale, data-driven systems to enable the growth of AppleTV+ during these critical early days of the service, and into the future. This is a unique opportunity to build at Apple’s scale in the media services industry and within AMP (the fastest growing division within Apple). If you’re passionate and creative while staying focused and curious we’ve got an exciting role for you. Apple TV+ is a brand new service, and it’s up to us to make it explode.
- At least 5 years experience in a professional programming position.
- Experience building applications with Java,Net, C++, or Python.
- Experience modeling data in relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience querying search engines (i.e. SOLR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience building on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience writing REST APIs.
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and server side technologies.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with digital media formats for video is helpful.
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
We’re a new team, and all of our work is green-field. We’re looking for a Full-Stack engineer who dives deep into tech and is trusted by their peers to come up with the best solutions for any problem. We design as a team, we code review each others work, and we invest in automated testing and deployments. We look for phenomenal teammates who are able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver visionary solutions. The team builds tools and systems to scale and optimize the Apple TV+ video content post production workflows. Our entire tech stack is on cloud-based infrastructure, from the UI to the data, and everything in between. The ideal Full-Stack engineer will collaborate with Apple’s Design team to create a new user experience for our customers, and collaborate with our Back-End engineers to build the secure and scalable corresponding APIs and services.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.