Engineering Program Manager, Line Extension and Packaging
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Beats engineering team is looking for a motivated, technical oriented engineering program manager to manage projects through the Hardware and Packaging engineering phases. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on hardware and packaging engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. The Program Manager must be able to objectively evaluate risks to program goals and clearly report risk and proposed solution to keep the program on track. This role best suits a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable in a casual, but fast paced environment. The candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, using strong written and verbal communication.
- Project management experience with a track record of working with US based project teams.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of China local ODM ecosystem is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, dates, deadlines and deliverables.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes from concept to mass production.
- Accurately report program status weekly to the packaging, hardware and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of packaging materials.
- Proactively approaches and follows through on important issues.
- Able to compare, contrast and quality check work with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple fast paced and complex projects while maintaining consistent accuracy and quality of work.
- Able to work under pressure and high impact deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Support day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives, create schedules, escalate critical issues as appropriate, align with cross-functional teams to drive milestones and set priorities to achieve project timelines. - Collaborate and facilitate communication across fellow EPMs, ODMs and vendor partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. - Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making resolution. - Clearly track build readiness schedules to ensure builds happen on schedule. - Work directly with OEM project team to manage materials lead-times. - Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work directly with executive teams and provide executive status updates. - Able to resolve complex development issues with an extended/overseas team in a fast pacedenvironment. - Act as a central point of contact for US based Hardware and Packaging EPMs .
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with 6+ years of relevant working experience in project management or equivalent