iPad Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new product development for iPad Systems! The Hardware Engineering Program Manager (HW EPM) is responsible for planning and execution of system prototype builds during the development phase to product ramp, with broad exposure to all cross functional teams within Apple.
- 3+ years experience in hardware engineering or operations program management - proven ability to effectively manage factory build events and vendors
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Superior attention to detail - ability to manage complex build matrices and detailed build planning
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles and constant change; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to support international travel for build events
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of managing complex hardware product builds down to details, ability to drive resolution of technical build blockers with cross-functional teams, and be the primary interface to contract manufacturing partners for the program. Key Responsibilities: Planning and execution of product prototype builds, including materials planning and factory readiness Ownership of system level flexes and boards: manage the internal design review process and release to vendors, review design changes with cross functional teams, manage vendors and materials, and drive overall schedule for on-time delivery to final assembly Establish daily build schedule and distribution plan for identified builds to support overall project plan for in-region and local builds Partner closely with cross-functional teams to understand key design changes requiring validation to accurately integrate engineering validation needs into the system build matrix Provide clear executive level reporting on build progress Primary point of contact for the program with our CM partners for your area; provide clear direction on requests to the factory
Education & Experience
BS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.